This past weekend marked the beginning of baby shower madness for us!!! Dustin had a baby shower for some friends of ours, the Metzgers', that I had to miss because I was a hostess for my cousins' wife's shower who is having identical twin girls!!! It was a lovely shower (I will post pics in the next week). Carleigh is going to have so much fun with Cade, Stella, Caroline and all the other early 2010 babies!
In between the baby showers, Dustin and I were able to amuse Carleigh with Baby Einstein videos (which I know have now been deemed not educationally valuable), but we pop them in the computer and let her sit on our laps and she just gets the biggest kick out of Baby Mozart and Baby Bach!
We are very fortunate to have my mom come watch Carleigh on a daily basis in the mornings while I work. But sometimes she has meetings and we need to find other care for Carleigh during that time. Dustin's dad has been one of the volunteers for these mornings, since he is retired, and because he loves his Carleigh-time. He is so wonderful with kids and is very comfortable with babies! He even changes diapers (though he hadn't changed a poop diaper since Dusty and Shay were kids and wasn't really looking forward to that)... so this morning when we needed him, he came over at 7 am and asked if she had pooped recently. I told him she had so I wasn't concerned that she would go while he was watching her. Boy was I wrong. I got a text from him at 9 am that things were going very well but that she'd done a #2 for him!!! :) Of course, he handled it and now Dusty and I know that there is nothing he can't handle!
This afternoon, my friend Marne and I met in the dog park at McAllister Park. I had Carleigh in tow with Maddie and Tyson and we let the dogs mingle and sniff around. It was a beautiful afternoon and the dogs seemed to enjoy themselves. (well Gunner and Maddie did). Tyson just sat beside us the whole time. He's such a pansy, but I love him. Carleigh slept some of the time and then Marne held her a bit (she has to get practice before baby Tennyson gets her) before we had to rush out of there for her next feeding!!!
Overall, things are pretty uneventful in the Tondre household. Carleigh's reflux is doing better, her new formula is helping her milk/soy allergy and her eczema is under control. She's in good spirits most of the time and is sleeping pretty good. Dustin is still working on his MBA and was accepted into the Wealth Management Program at USAA. We have no complaints. Life is good.











Great pics, I especially like the dog park ones! The Nickel and The Penny would love that!
ReplyDelete