Monday, December 19, 2011

Last Race of the Year!

Saturday, Dustin and I ran in the Lifetime Reindeer Run 5K, our last race this year, and more importantly, the race that helped me fulfill my New Years' Resolutions made on December 31, 2010.  To see them, scroll to the bottom of the post linked below.
New Year's Eve
  Dustin wasn't originally going to run the race with me, but I'm persuasive.  He says running is my hobby, his is golf.

It was a chilly morning, a crisp 48 degrees, and for both of us a bit too cold to run outdoors.  Had it not been a race morning, we both would have gone to the gym for treamill runs instead of braving the cold.  That throat soreness that intenisifies with every breath, running nose and inability to break a sweat are deterrants for our cold weather running distaste.  Oh and the freezing hand problem!  Gloves would have been nice and pants for Dustin...  we'll remember these things next year.

The horn blared signaling the start and off we went!  I told Dustin to not run with me since I'm slower but to do his best and we'd meet up at the end.  This was my first race post pregnancy and I wanted to do well but didn't have any high expectations. 

Guess what?  Dustin finished third overall!  As in the 3rd person to complete the race!  Unbelievable!  And though it was not a PR for him, and it was a small race (217 people), his time was great and his achievement cannot be underscored!  I was so proud of him!  His pace was 6:36 per mile!  Immediately following the run, they posted preliminary results, and this is what we saw.
Later the official results were posted that confirmed his performance. 
I'm thinking Dust should consider taking up the hobby of competitive running instead of golf!

   Name           Bib #  Age    Sex    Place     Time     Pace
Dustin Tondre    2389     31         M    3 Overall   20:28.00     6:36
 
He even won a gift certificate to Run On!  Way to go babe!  We are so proud of you.

I, also, ran a great race!  Actually my best 5K time of the year!  I placed 1st in my age division (26th overall) and paced 7:47 per mile.  Not bad considering I am not quite back to my preprego shape.
Female 30 to 34
Place      Name          Bib #   Age    Overall    Chip Time    Pace
1      Jessica Tondre      2388         32           26             24:13.00        7:47

Next race: January 29, 2012  3M Half Marathon
Hoping to start the year off with a great race!

No comments:

Post a Comment