Over the weekend, I said more than a few times how something seemed wrong with Parker. He is normally a very calm, happy baby and over the past few days he has been ...

... fussier than usual ...
...drooling a lot ...
... and believe it or not, sleeping harder when he fell asleep.
I took his temperature several times and the 99-100 degree temps combine with the constant biting, rather than sucking, of his pacifier and the above symptoms made me instantly think "could he be teething?"
Carleigh teethed early (or what I thought was early) at 4 months with her upper incisors coming in first. But 2.5 months? Surely, it couldn't be.
Last night, Dustin and I looked and noticed one tooth breaking the skin. But not a central upper incisor. A cuspid (vampire teeth)!!! How bizarre! So bizarre that I called my pediatrician about it first thing this morning and the nurse assured me that while it's rare, the cuspids can come first. Like most things to do with babies, everyone is different and with Parker, the timing and order his teeth are coming in, is VERY different.
This morning (after a fussy evening but surprisingly good sleep), we checked his mouth again. The left side is definitely breaking the skin and I felt something on the right side in the same place hard and potruding under the skin. After taking a picture to confirm, it is indeed the other upper cuspid making its way into Parker's mouth, too! We are going to have a little vampire on our hands! :(
I'm hoping these come in soon and his discomfort is short-lived, but the mom in me knows that we have a rough road ahead of us, because once the first teeth break, the others aren't far behind.




No comments:
Post a Comment