Friday, July 23, 2010

I know she doesn't mean it ...

Yesterday, Carleigh woke up in the best mood!  She was laughing and smiling and just being such a cute girl (quite a change from the molar monster she had been the day before).  So, her precocious behavior while I was clearing her breakfast didn't seem peculiar ... until I hear the sound of liquid spilling on the kitchen tile floor.  She had manged to pull the rubber spout out of her Nuk sippy cup and pour her Pedialyte all over the floor.  I stifled a curse word and tried to laugh about her "smarts" and "curiousity" as Dustin would tell me to do, and set to work cleaning up her mess.  Meanwhile,  while I am busy cleaning, Maddie takes advantage of the situation at hand ...
Not 2 minutes later, I heard a clinking noise and a splatter noise in the family room.  Something had definitely fallen and broken.  So I rushed in there, and saw Carleigh drenched in coffee (thankfully it had been sitting there over an hour and was cool), and the coffee cup was broken on the family room rug!!!  I quickly checked to see if Carleigh had any shards of glass on her, which she didn't, and then put her on the couch while I cleaned up the mess, and asked her "to stay put."  My hope was that she would sit there watching TV while I cleaned both messes (though I didn't expect her to actually do as I said).  She must have been scared because she sat there for a full 30 minutes and I got most of the messes cleaned up enough for us to go about our day.
What a morning!  I was worn out by 9!  I know she doesn't mean to do this to me. :)  She was in such a good mood, though, that I couldn't be mad at her.  Later on, my mom came over to steam clean our rug and the couches.  Papaw also stopped by to put together some of her birthday gifts so we can use them for Saturday's party.  Carleigh had a great time testing them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment