So I'm beginning to think Carleigh will never crawl. She's started scooting when she's in the sitting position if she really wants to get somewhere. But these days, she wants to be standing, and now she's becoming a daredevil, and starting to move her feet and move along the coffee table and between toys. With assistance, she will push her walkers and pick up her feet on her own, and I know it won't be long before she is even more mobile, and eventually walking!
Her new pony - she smiled at first ...
but then got scared!
She did better on it today when she realized her feet had to do the pushing, but this is one toy that will take several months before it is fully enjoyed.
Oh ... and we have to get those long hairs cut, we know!!!
The kid I nanny for (8 1/2 now, started when he was 3 mos.) never really crawled. He did the scooting thing for a little while but pretty much went directly to walking- first holding the coffee table or our hands but then just all by himself!
ReplyDelete