Friday, March 19, 2010

Visit to Spring to see The Kuhn's!

Tuesday, Carleigh and I went on our first road trip!  We went to see my good friend Jill and her boys, Ricky and Everett in Spring. 
Her boys, 4 and 2.5, are so much more mature than their ages.  They were so good with Carleigh, and Everett actually gave her kisses and hugs all the time!  He is going to be a very loving older brother to baby Sawyer.   Ricky already is since he's had the practice with Everett.
We had an eventful few days, or so it seemed to us!  Jill had a playdate planned with many of her friends and their children and it was a lot of fun .... EXCEPT that Jill and Ricky weren't there because they had to go to the doctor.  Turns out that was a good thing because they found out he had a virus that had settled in his hip, something called Toxic Synovitis, and it was causing his low grade fever and limp.  Hopefully, he will get better soon, but Jill's friends made Carleigh and me feel very welcome! 
We also went to the park in their neighborhood, where the kids had a great time.  We even got out to the mall and the boys' got haircuts and we rewarded them with a carousel ride and included Carleigh (her first).  She did great! 
Yesterday, I met with an old pharma partner, but now professional photographer, Shalonda Chaddock of Chubby Cheeks Photography, and she took Carleigh's pictures in Old Town Spring.  I had been dying to have her photograph Carleigh and was so happy to have the opportunity this trip.  Shalonda is mega-talented!!!!  But wouldn't you know it?  Carleigh was in the worst mood!  This was the first 24 hours of her formula-standoff and her smile was no where to be found (she's now gone 48 hours with only .5 oz).  I was so sad.  But, I still love my girl!!!  We had a very enjoyable trip and it was great seeing Shalonda, Jill, Rick and the boys.  I can't wait to meet baby Sawyer when he arrives this summer!

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun during your visit! I am so glad you guys came! They boys adored Carleigh! Love you guys and can't wait for our next visit!

    ReplyDelete